- Illustrates Vincent's life in Nuenen and the importance of his Brabant period to his overall oeuvre.
- Shows the creation of his first masterpiece The Potato Eaters and his journey there, with the many studies of hands, heads and peasants.
- With changing exhibitions.
- Vincents Lichtlab: explore for yourself the effects of light and color in surprising ways. Just like Vincent van Gogh did in his time.
- With a large store and a cozy coffee corner with reading table and cookies baked especially for us, fresh every day!
After visiting the museum, it is time to go for a walk and see various locations that Vincent painted. Discover the places where he stood, and see what he saw 140 years ago ... and painted. Like walking into a painting of his.
As many as 24 locations in Nuenen recall Van Gogh; 14 of them were painted or sketched by him.
The remaining objects are statues or buildings with special significance.Seeing and Doing
In the museum outside, you can walk by yourself. Then the booklet "On the Trail with Vincent" is handy to use.
Guided walking is also possible.
A guide always leaves on Saturdays and Sundays at 3pm.
Walking in groups, is also possible.Arrangements
The Nuenen period is decisive for Vincent van Gogh and determines what he painted in France.
The fascinating story of his life in Nuenen, and his search for light, color and perspective, resulting in his first masterpiece, are the focus of our museum.
VIncent's Light Lab is a part of our museum.
"And the Brabant that one has dreamed, that is where reality sometimes comes very close... "Letter 446, Vincent van Gogh to Theo Van Gogh